Tuesday, June 13, 2006

rewind


You know how there's those moments where you wish you could go back and do things differently? Sunday night was one of those moments.
I had always hoped that I would never be in a car accident while I was driving, but I guess it worked out a little differently then I had of hoped.
Driving back to bec's house with both her and susannah in the car, following jeff and tom, we had to go around a roundabout (apparently notorious with the locals). From then on, I really don't remember much, except for slowing down, looking, looking again (no cars) starting to go, when a 4wheel drive appears.
I don't remember any noise, I don't remember the impact of the car hitting. I remember swearing, as did bec, but i have no idea what was said.
Every time I close my eyes, all i see is a 4wheel drive heading towards my door.
Every time I think about the crash, I get confused about what actually happened.
Everytime I try to think about what happened, its like I am still driving the car, but I see everything as if I was sitting above the car, or hanging above the car.

Thank goodness the injuries are fairly low-key. It sounds like bec's a bit bruised from hitting the door on impact. Susannah said she's good/ok. I smacked my head against my side window, my elbow and knee on something too. Off to the Dr's tonight (damn public holiday, otherwise I would have gone in yesterday)...my head is still sore, and mum says i am still in shock.

Like dad said 'shit happens.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home