Sunday, July 02, 2006

boggle and ulcers



Yet another busy day.
Sleeping is still all over the place, usually doing to bed wide awake, staying that way for a few hourse, or so it feels. Got up and ready for church.
Music was really good at church today, and yet again, psalms 42 hit home (see below post)

"Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
Why are you crying out the blues?
Fix my eyes on God -
soon I'll be praising again.
He puts a smile on my face.
He is my God."

I didn't 'hold back' as much as usual with singing today, and it was refreshing.

Rachael 'led' communion, and what she had to say was amazing. The Max Lucado quote was so refreshing to hear.
Communion today was not 'get it done as soon as possible' which is partly my falt, plus time constrictions being such a big church......it felt more real then it has for a long time.

Something realy stunned me today, and its been playing non-stop over and over again, which explains why this blog is all over the place.
At communion time, I was up the back and feeling a bit emo, when i looked up at the couches, and saw a girl who was about 9/10 years old. She was sitting next to a little boy (her brother i presume) and was wiping away her tears with her sleeve. Something made me want to go to her and see if she was ok, if she wanted anything etc. Instead I turned back around and sat down again.
What is it that hold us back from reaching out to someone, not matter how big or small the situation is. Sure, we do it to a certain extent with out friends, but i have trouble going over a certain point.
I can talk to the hairdresser, or a near stranger, yet not with those who I do trust.
I think fear, especilly fear of rejection plays a big part in it....the fear of rejection is a huge thing for me. Fear hold me back because I am scared I will look stupid to a person, ill make a fool out of myself, say something stupid (that happens anyway).....fear is a big thing.
It was fear that held me back from going up to that girl to see if she was ok........and that makes me feel even worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home