Saturday, August 26, 2006

all in the family



My aunty (mums oldest alive sister) from New Zealand just rang, and they way she spoke reminded me of all of mum's sisters and grandma.

It got me thinking, what traits have been past on to me by my parents? Do i want these traits....what ones do i wish i had?

One thing past on to me is my middle name, being ruth. I don't really like it, purely, i think, because it is my mums own name. I really should be proud to have the same name as my own mum. Yet i still roll my eyes at it.

My dad past his sense of humer on to me. We both get the same jokes, like the same kind of comedy....i love it.

My mum past on to me the love of reading. Even when i was a baby, i would sleep anywhere as long as there was a book under my pillow.

Dad past on his creativity in the kitchen. It really annoyes me, however, when i am cooking, and he tries to tell me how to do something, or keeps making suggestions to me...ggrrrrrrr

Mum past on her ability to not care what others think of me, to beable to let comments slide off my back and not take any notice of them. This has made a huge difference to how i can interact with people and has proberly made things a lot easier for me in general.

Dad past on his love of good music. What more can i say....growing up with pink floyd, U2, bob dylan, midnight oil, van morrison...the list goes on and on

Mum also past on her shyness. When i was younger, i was terribly shy. I grew out of it at mecs slowly. I still get shy easily is social settings where the group is larger, but am fine when its 5-8 ppl.

I am not to sure how it end this rant....so this will do

1 Comments:

Blogger Meika said...

you, shy?

wow...

*tries to remember back to year 7 ana...*

maybe a little. but i wouldnt think of you as shy. maybe your just comfortable around me :P

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home