Thursday, August 03, 2006

Got to be number one in this world, in this world number one


I currently have my alarm set to wake me up with jay and the doctor on triple J in the mornings. The first song that i really heard this morning was by the Custom kings....went something along the lines of what is in the title of this blog.
It got me thinking about how much in this society we aim to be number one in all we do, which is not always a bad thing, if it means we aim to do our best in all we do.
I think it becomes a problem when everything we do becomes a competition. When we try to have the worst sob story, the worst car crash story...the worst whatever.
After I had my car accident, those who where there was fantastic....they were just there, no stories of their own. When I got picked up, one of the people there just kept on bring up the accidents she had had and how they 'were so much worse then yours' I felt like slapping her...i really didn't want to know what she had gone thru...it had happended to me, and i did not want to dwell on it at that point. I got really arcked up.
What is it that makes us try to have the biggest "well this happened to me....' story?
argggggggggggggg.
It really gets my goat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home