Thursday, September 21, 2006

For every action (there is a reaction)

I got a giant kick up the arse last night, and it was a long time coming. And boy, was it needed.

I am cynical. There is no other way to put it.

I look at the way the world is, and it is so easy to blame and point the finger at those who appear to hold positions of great power, to those who are in the lime light for the decions being made, suposedly on behalf of the majority.

I was listening to "untill the end of the world' by U2 this afternoon, when this particular lyric struck me:
Judus betrayed Jesus with a simple kiss.
I make promise after promise to do something....and thats all it ever turns out to be...meare words. And as it is said...actions speake louder then words.
Everytime i promise to do something about the world i live in, i find it all to complicated and cave back into my old ways. I think..oh well...someone else is doing something about it.
It is MY OWN PERSONAL responsibility to do seek justice for those who have no idea what justice is.
When i make these dead-end promises i am playing the tart in the garden.
enough is enough.
I need to be kept accountable to these promises, a swift kick up the arse when i turn a blind eye, when i feel all-too comfotable, when i turn a deaf ear, when i don't feel compassion,when i keep on sitting and not making a move.
When i keep living the way i am........

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Jewell said...

i went and looked up other U2 lyrics [for my art assignment], and i found a lot of strong images and themes used in their lyrics :]

stay strong chick!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Jewell said...

hey you know what else?
guitar highway rose is one of your favourite books...mine too! :D

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home