Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Moon is in the Gutter

In the darkness
even with my eyes closed
I sat there and sunk
the water flew from the tiles
and i blinked

The radio looked like an owl
and it sat there deep in its vocals
in its let down vocal
I sat there and waited for the overflow to come
but it sat there solid like ceramic bath
glistning but nothing more

I went under and
it sounded like relief
But i still couldn't breath
If i could have i would have stayed
forever and a day
deep in that dark
even with my eyes open
My skin peeled away but there was no new layer
only old wounds now
at the surface again

The ceramic bottom did nothing but groan under the pressure
I blinked and the owl did not move
but a change in its tone
Hysterical and let down
I sighed once more
in the dark
even with my eyes open

I tried to sink and block my ears
but it still filttered thru
still pulling at the string of the plug
Floating back up the contrast
was blunt and clear
There was a slit of light
coming from the rain blistered window

And still the owl sat
And still i sat
and blinked at the darkness
trying to see the light coming in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home