Friday, October 05, 2007

It's my body and I'll do what I want to..


I find it amusing the response I get when I say that I am thinking about becoming a vegetarian.

Well...aquatarian if we are going to get technical.

And no, aquatarian is not according to my 'star sign.' Nor does it consist of just drinking water. It's called a dictionary. You might find it helpful.


This last year I have been seriously thinking about becoming a vego. And I think it has caused more controversy then getting my lip pierced or my tattoo (soo I might be exaggerating a little. Or not)


Why the choice? A few simple (to me anyway) reasons:

1. My father is a biker. Biker + summer time = BBQ. I have had a life time of meat in one summer.

2. I feel so much better when I have eaten vegetarian food. More energised and calmer.

3. Less processed crap, less chemicals. Have you ever wondered why your roast chicken is so freaking big??

4. The amount of grain it can take to feed a cow, could be used to feed people in the world who actually need to be fed. Not westernised consumerist self-centered* people who say they are starving and would have no idea what starvation was even if it bit them fair on the arse. (*cough* generalisation..to a degree)

5. Yes I have eaten 'fast food'. And when I have eaten at world famous family restaurants ( Ha! What a joke) two days in a row, I get into a fowl (hehe punisment) mood.

6. What does it matter if I decide to cut meat (bar fish/seafood) out of my diet?



And yes...I now have soy milk in my hot drinks :p

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

As soon as we're in the house together, I'll help ya stick to your guns... which probably means I'll sort of be a half vego myself ;)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

embrace your hippiness, my darling Ana. I believe that you always have been, and always will be a hippy at heart. You're a free spirit, Ana.

Peace out

9:26 AM  
Blogger waynemus said...

Well Ana all encouragement to you. I hope that you are able to keep committed to being a Vegetarian. And that you don't come across to many inconsiderate people as you embrace the diet.

I was a Vegetarian myself till the age of 16, then I let my parents pressure me about Protein. Hopefully over the coming months I can return to a Vego diet.

I used the dictionary (Oxford Online Reference) and was unable to find an entry under Aquatarian. Although I did find out about the Aquarians (water rather than wine communion sect). A quick search with Yahoo showed me it is a vegetarian diet that embraces seafood. So much for the reliability of Ready Reference sources! Looks like Library Studies provides skills and knowledge that won't always be useful.

You're probably wondering who this random on your blog is. I linked to your blog through a comment you left on Kyla's blog. I did Vetamorphus the year before her, and both of us met through the Veta forum.

God bless, and I wish you well in your new dietary plans.

Wayne

12:34 PM  
Blogger Karina said...

That's great :)

I'm becoming a half vego myself actually... I absolutely love my veggies and fruit and can't enough of it. Trying to stay clear of the foods with preservatives and additives.. organic all the way! Although the downside of buying organic foods is that they can often be expensive (if not grown from your own backyard of course!)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Jewell said...

congratulations ana and i hope you stick to your guns :)

let the world have their opinions, they always will, but you know who you are, and you know what makes your body work.

i hope the controversy dies down and the world around you can support your decision, i support you :)

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anna,

I'm becoming a vegetable. Please don't eat me.

Love,
Your friend who is so much more than just an ordinary friend.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home