Thursday, March 06, 2008

Cross my heart


I have been told that I really need to update this thang, and since it has been a couple of months and a LOT of stuff has happened since we last met, I will indulge in your requests.

And quite frankly, I am actually in a writing mood, which has not happened for a long time.


I was driving along to visit the 'lucky' 08 yitsers and had this massive feeling that everything was finally aok.


I think Christians often have this idea that its ok to lie and pretend that everything is honky-dory when, in actual fact, everything is kinda crapola. It is, as I call it, the 'Onward Christian Solider' mentality.


I was talking to someone I had never met on the phone last week, and the first thing out of my mouth was 'how are you?'


He replied that that was kind of a odd question to really answer, as people usually have a fairly blase answer, and the person who asked normally is just being polite in asking in the first place.
The conversation then went off on a totally different tangent.
Moving back to the 'Onward Christian Solider' idea:
I have to find out if there are any mental health issues (specifically depression) in my family .
Now I am dead sure that there is, but if I even thought about asking my grandparents, they would be dead sure that there weren't and aren't any such issues in the family.
I think depression is often such a taboo subject in the 'we are all sweet and nothing is ever wrong' world of Christianity and I am really not sure why.
I am aware that this post is most likely not making any sense to ya'll (that is if you have stuck around) but this is an issue that makes perfectly no sense to me.
So lets just leave it there.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Matheson said...

I'm glad. I was just about to hassle you to post again... say more about this conversation - it sounds interesting.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blog!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home